Skip to main content

All in Good Time

There are some things of which you just can not buy. Items with sentimental value. Special pieces given to you or passed down to you by close relatives, the relatives with the big personalties that forever stay in your mind or the ones that are simply always there and stay dear to you.
I have always loved watches, almost a fascination. However, when I told a Great Aunty of mine I was in search of a little vintage, round faced watched with a simple brown leather strap, the next time I saw her she produced to me the exact watch I had been looking for. It was her own from many years ago and with me in mind, she kindly set it aside ready to pass onto me. I have worn it ever since. This is the watch on the far right of the photograph. It is real gold and works from movement, so in the morning I have to remember to set the time back 5 minutes which does make me chuckle. It is an 'Eterna Matic Golden Heart', which is my Great Aunty Nene all over, a golden heart full of character.
The watch in the middle was given to me by my Nona. An even smaller gold round faced watch with a lovely, thin, black leather strap. Around the edge of the face the glass is patterned and at a quick glance, it almost looks like diamonds framing it, but unfortunately for me, it is in fact just the glass. This is a wind up watch and having not worn it out yet, I am not sure of how long it shall last between winding. This watch is a 'Sekonda 17 Jewels'.
The watch on the far left was given to my mother by her sister, my Aunty Natalie who worked for L'Oreal in Australia. It is a promotional watch, an extremely nice promotional watch at that. It has a lovely simple flat face with Roman numerals and slim gold hands. I love everything about this watch, but unfortunately it stopped working well before I could even reach my mothers jewelry box on tiptoes.
We have tried a new battery but that does not work. So I am in search for a company who may be able to fix it at a reasonable cost.
Something as beautiful as this watch that has been treasured in a box for so long clearly means more to me then I know, otherwise it would have been cast out from my mothers jewelry box many years ago.
Priceless...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hepburn of all.

Having mentioned the LBD (the little black dress) last post, I began to think about it probably a little too much. Soon after, I started to rummage through my wardrobe-the one that looks sneezed on, to find my little numbers. I didn't realise how many I actually had. Four of my black dresses are not little but long and the other six are lovely little dresses all with a unique style and some with a bit of glitz. I decided to have my own little photo shoot like you see in the glamour magazines' and may have got a bit carried away. First in line of my LBD's is the one I previously mentioned, bought for £5 with short sleeves and a low back. A great example of a simple yet effective black dress. Second, is one of my favourites. I wore this dress on my 21st birthday in New York. I had previously known I was being taken to New York's most prestigious night club (The Box), so I knew I had to wear something glamorous. I searched high and low for something special but unfortunate

Animal Ora

After a collection of bargain buys have been found and the wardrobe is over flowing with wonderful items, outfits can be thrown together and fashion can be made up! Although I wouldn't say that I am particular wacky or out standing with my fashion, I like to be simple yet effective. However, I do like to play with patterns and find new shapes for my body. Here I am wearing some clothes given to me by friends. Also another great way to get yourself some bargains, instead of going shopping and spending lots of money, why not call your girlies and arrange for a night in with a bottle, or two, some pizza and have a night of swapping clothes you no longer wear. This skirt is great, it's a lovely burgundy colour which will look great with just a t-shirt and plimpsoles for a more casual look, however I have gone for the evening look and matched the skirt with a lovely leopard print leotard. I just need to find a little black or gold bolero to wear with this outfit to complete the loo

Returning to my Keys

My fellow followers, readers, friends. I have been so unorganised and lacked the motivation to write that I have left an open wound, a gap, not just to my blog but to myself. So much has happened and changed and so many bargains have been found since New Years, there is just simply, too much to tell. After Christmas and New Years, still working at Reiss, the team entered into a competition through the company to put forward our idea, of how we convey passion, focus drive and our thoughts of how we perseve their slogan 'I am Reiss'. At first it was a subtle joke of making a music video and writing our own rap which soon turned into creating a music video to Pharell Williams 'Happy' where we just danced on the shop floor but also included the full Reiss service to a customer (who also joined in on the dancing) The idea we all had was the scene in 500 days of summer, where Joseph Gordon-Levitt dances through the city and more and more of the public join in. Our minds were