Skip to main content

Ladies that Lunch

Here I have some beautiful cups and saucers. All Bone China. Further pictures shall be posted, however I am awaiting to hold a tea party to full fill the look. Along with my wonderful sandwich plates too, of which I only have two so far. They are squared shape and I aim to complete a set for my tea party. These style of cups and saucers shall always remind me of the more glamourous style to the mad hatters tea party in Alice in Wonderland. Amongst this little pile are two sandwich plates, 4 saucers and 3 cups. All of  which came to the grand total of £13. I like to have odd items, having a set of 8 cups and saucers all matching seems boring to me even considering a unique pattern and colour that may make them stand out from your normal white china mugs. I bought the cups and saucers from a vintage stool at Lounge on the Farm music festival in Canterbury this summer. The sandwich plates came from a second hand shop in Hythe in this lovely little bricker bracker shop where I find myself prowling around most weekends. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Years... New Dress?

One of the best things about festive or special occasions, is choosing your outfit, although at the same time, it can be the most difficult and frustrating choice a girl could make. We may have previously decided what bag we're using or the colour of our nail varnish, so have to revolve our whole outfit around that. But we also couldn't possibly wear anything similar to anyone else. In the eyes' of a man... we're crazy. Being the bargain hunter I am and having only charity shops and car boots as my sanctum, it is just that little bit harder to find ''that specific something''. I know men always say, 'you don't need another new dress, just wear what you wore before'. Which seems sensible but how horrifying for us to repulse their idea of being seen in a dress you last wore to a big occasion that everyone saw you in. Like we're not a celebrity or something... but they don't need to point out the obvious. Every girl wants to walk into a...

The Hepburn of all.

Having mentioned the LBD (the little black dress) last post, I began to think about it probably a little too much. Soon after, I started to rummage through my wardrobe-the one that looks sneezed on, to find my little numbers. I didn't realise how many I actually had. Four of my black dresses are not little but long and the other six are lovely little dresses all with a unique style and some with a bit of glitz. I decided to have my own little photo shoot like you see in the glamour magazines' and may have got a bit carried away. First in line of my LBD's is the one I previously mentioned, bought for £5 with short sleeves and a low back. A great example of a simple yet effective black dress. Second, is one of my favourites. I wore this dress on my 21st birthday in New York. I had previously known I was being taken to New York's most prestigious night club (The Box), so I knew I had to wear something glamorous. I searched high and low for something special but unfortunate...

Animal Ora

After a collection of bargain buys have been found and the wardrobe is over flowing with wonderful items, outfits can be thrown together and fashion can be made up! Although I wouldn't say that I am particular wacky or out standing with my fashion, I like to be simple yet effective. However, I do like to play with patterns and find new shapes for my body. Here I am wearing some clothes given to me by friends. Also another great way to get yourself some bargains, instead of going shopping and spending lots of money, why not call your girlies and arrange for a night in with a bottle, or two, some pizza and have a night of swapping clothes you no longer wear. This skirt is great, it's a lovely burgundy colour which will look great with just a t-shirt and plimpsoles for a more casual look, however I have gone for the evening look and matched the skirt with a lovely leopard print leotard. I just need to find a little black or gold bolero to wear with this outfit to complete the loo...